terça-feira, 24 de junho de 2014

Te Esperare - I Will Wait For You - Piano, Cello Version By Rafael Cast... "I Will Wait for You" is the English version of Je ne pourrai jamais vivre sans toi, a song from the French musical The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964). Its music was composed by Michel Legrand and the original lyrics written by Jacques Demy. It was performed in the film by Catherine Deneuve. The English lyrics of the song were written by Norman Gimbel. This version was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Song at the 38th Academy Awards held in 1966. The song has been covered by many vocalists including Frank Sinatra, Astrud Gilberto, Violetta Villas, Trini Lopez, Bobby Darin, Nana Mouskouri (French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese), Cher, Andy Williams, Petula Clark, Tony Bennett, Vikki Carr, Liza Minnelli, Connie Francis, Beverley Craven, the Walker Brothers and Maria Morlino. Among jazz musicians who have recorded versions are Oscar Peterson, Gil Evans, Donald Byrd and Louis Armstrong. Lyrics If it takes forever I will wait for you, For a thousand summers I will wait for you, Till you're back beside me, till I'm holding you, Till I hear you sigh here in my arms. Anywhere you wander, anywhere you go, Every day remember how I love you so, In your heart believe what in my heart I know, That forevermore I'll wait for you. The clock will tick away the hours one by one, Then the time will come when all the waiting's done, The time when you return and find me here and run, Straight to my waiting arms. If it takes forever I will wait for you, For a thousand summers I will wait for you, Till you're here beside me, till I'm touching you, And forevermore sharing your love.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário